Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm just venting...

Ok, kids are a lot of work and it wasn't like I didn't know this...but sometimes I just want to scream and throw my hands up in the air! Lately Jaydon has been pushing the limits. I think he likes to see just how far he can go before I throw a "mommy fit". The other day he got under our kitchen sink, took out a paper towel roll, unwrapped it, then picked up the plastic and threw it in the garbage. At 1st I was thinking "Smart kid!" But there was still some plastic on the floor so I asked him to pick it up and put it in the garbage. He did it, and then I told him "We don't need new paper towels yet, lets just put them back until we need them." I took him over to play with toys and the next thing I know he's in the bathroom....and guess what he found...toilet paper! The best part is when I thought I should document this so he can see just how much I picked up after him, he tried smiling at the camera! AAAHHHHHH! Then I think ok, I'll just give him a paper towel, if that's what he really wants, RIGHT? Well, then there is the little trails of itsy bitsy pieces of paper towel that he's broken off. And I mean itsy bitsy. Then he's off to the paper plates, then cotton balls, and it's really fun to open the wipes and pull out 13 at a time! 13! No wonder people tell me they vacuum everyday.
 
 
BUT, he's a darn cute kid and I thought I shouldn't just post negative stuff about my motherhood dramas. SO, the other day Jason, me and my sister were outside painting a door frame on our garage. It was getting hot, so my sister and I took Jaydon in and we both got a drink and I handed him his sippy cup of juice. But he wanted a BIG cup so I gave him mine when I was done. Then he and my sister were taking turns sucking on the cup to get it to stay without holding it. Whenever my sister would do it, he thought it was hilarious and he'd try too. Everytime I see this picture of him laughing it makes me chuckle. Even thought he drives me nuts and I think I'm more of a neat freak then I thought, he really is being just a kid. And I'll keep reminding myself everyday:)
 
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lewis' said...

He is a dang cute kid~ I'll vouch for him~ he's just being a kid. I know when I've reach my limit because I usually think, "Go ahead mess up the house it's already a mess and can't get much worse!" AAGGH! Today strict Mom came out and I made Addy pick up every last crumb of dinner she had thrown on the floor. I think she may have got it, she just kept saying "No, No" and pointing to the floor! And she had to say sorry before I'd let her walk away~Hmmm.

NatPalmer said...

It sounds like we're living a similar life at the moment.
(Carson & Jaydan are only a week apart, I think.) He's into everything and sometimes I think I'll have a nervous breakdown. You'd think I'd be prepared since he's my 2nd, but Logan was nowhere near this busy/destructive!!!

Travis and Jessica said...

Oh my gosh Lindsey!! That is the cutest post ever! I love the pictures of him, especially the last one:) I just start laughing too! You better get him under control before you start having more little Jaydons!

CurtisandJackie said...

Hi! This is Jackie Newbold and I used to work with Jason. He gave me your blog address so we can keep in touch, I hope you don't mind. If you want I'll send you an invite to our blog, I'll just need your email address. (my address is jackienewbold@gmail.com)

It looks like you guys are doing well. And, this post made me laugh, I totally know how you feel!