Jori Bella was born September 9, 2011. 5 lbs. 2 oz. and 17 inches. She is 9 days old now and the time has gone so fast. I thought I would write down the "story" here as she made an early arrival for us. I think looking back I knew she would come early...just not as early as she knew! She was almost 6 weeks early. I had been extra swollen and I always played it towards being pregnant in the summer and the heat. I went in for my appointment the Wednesday before she was born and my doctor said I had just got myself a ticket to Labor and Delivery as my blood pressure was high as well as my protein and extra weight gain. I went up, they monitored me for 3 hours and sent me home to do the 24 hour urine test (it was interesting to do!). I was told to come back Thursday, drop off my test, do a blood pressure check and come back Monday when my doctor was back in town. When they did my blood pressure, it was really high again so the doctor on call sent me back up. I thought what a waste to keep going up for a few hours to go home. The doctor ended up coming upstairs to talk to me and tell me she was being over cautious but they wanted to keep me overnight and do steroid shots for her lungs. I was upset but I did it anyways. Friday morning at 3 am I was feeling uncomfortable and a little pain, but the nurse said they would come in at 5am to do another blood pressure test, then I could get the second dose of the steroids and I thought I'd be on my way (Jason was home with Jaydon as his 1st day of preschool was Friday). Anyhow, no one came in and the pains got worse but still bearable and the monitor didn't show contractions, but I finally pushed the nurse button at 5:30 am and asked if they were contractions. They replaced the monitor as it had slipped and sure enough they really were contractions. The nurse said she'd call the on-call doctor and ask if I should have pain medicine or medicine to stop labor. I said ok and they left the room at 5:45. I kept waiting for them to come back and I was finally screaming and crying and yelling for help as it was really PAINFUL...finally when I thought I couldn't handle it anymore, my water broke at 6:10, I pushed my button and the nurses all ran in and told me to wait to push. The doctor there was finishing a delivery down the hall. I couldn't wait so they left me in the bed I was in and the doctor rushed in and she was born at 6:35 am. I had always wanted an epidural and know I know why! I also wish someone would've checked my monitors because they would've seen I was having contrations.... Oh well, they told me her weight and length and took her to the NICU. I was yelling at them to call my husband, but no one could get him so as I was being sewn up, I called him and he was there so fast! It all happened so fast! She really is doing good and is such a good baby. The nurses all love her to pieces and she's got a lot of boyfriends with the male nurses! She is working on building strength to eat, but her lungs are now good and her oxygen is getting better. We love her to pieces and she melts my heart. I love being up at the hospital with her! Anyhow, that's her story!
Daddy and Jori
Finally able to hold her.

5 comments:
Jason & Lindsey,
Wow! Congratulations to you and your family. What an amazing story. She is beautiful. I am glad everyone is in good shape and happy. Welcome Jori Bella. I wonder if this is a pattern she will have throughout her life? Walking in 8 months, driving at age 12 graduation at 15.
Jori is so cute with her blond fuzz and sweet face! I think she looks like her big brother. :) Whenever I see pics of a baby in the NICU, it gives me flashbacks of when Carson was born and I always feel blessed to have him around. :) Good luck and keep pics of that cute little girl coming!
What a story! Congratulations to you guys. I hope that she gets stronger and you can take her home soon.
Congratulations you guys. A little too much excitement for one to handle but It sounds like your both doing well. I wish you both well and hope your happy and healthy. Congrats again!!! She's darling:)
We all love Jori so much already and can't wait till she is healthy and strong enough to hang out and play with her favorite aunt Caitlin and uncle Austin. :) I'm so glad that you are both ok and home now. Please don't hesitate to call me. I'm close and always willing to help. Love you guys! :)
Post a Comment